Sunday, September 6, 2009

BLOG BACKGROUND

OK, I think I'm keeping this one. This is about the 5th background change in 3 days.

I bore my first testimony at church today (other than the talk I did a few weeks ago). I was dreading Thursday so much and I went to an enrichment night at Sister Governo's house. I had such a great time. I met our two new missionaries who are women--yeah!!! We had a spa night. I laughed at Cyndi Krebs who I really don't know, just about the entire time. I first sat down and thought I can't do this. I'm just thinking about Mom and I shouldn't be doing this and I looked over at Cyndi and she had a ticket on her lip like a mustache. I cracked up and thought this is exactly where I need to be. Our branch is amazing. There are sisters in this branch from the moment I met them there was a glow. Just to name two -Sister Sherwood who is our Relief Society President. I can't imagine a better one. She seems to know everything about food storage, herbs, cooking and has such a sweet spirit. The other is Sister Godwin. I love that her and her husband glow when they look at each other. She has 7 kids --yes 7 and makes it looks easy. She's first counselor on our RS. I could go on, Rachel, Thelma... I mean I feel so blessed. So, I cracked up the whole time and the spirit was so strong. I grew up going to church at least 3X a week. Never have a known a church to have a spa enrichment night and have the spirit so strong that I left remembering what I should. I will see my Mom again. God loves me and sent his Son so that I may see my Mom again. He loves me so much he even sends the holy ghost (or what Logan calls the scary ghost) to comfort me. I am so blessed to be a member of this Branch and this Church. So, Vicki you are so sweet but I can do these things through Christ. I'm quite the wimp :-)

3 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Love the new background. Glad you had a good time at Enrichment Night. Heavenly Father knew what you needed and where you needed to be that night - aren't you glad you listened and went. Sometimes I don't listen so well.

John and Jamie said...

I love your back ground too. I am so happy you went to enrichment night. You are such an amazing lady you touch my heart in so many ways. Thank you for making Thursday night so good You alway carry such an amazing sprint with you i just love you.

Mr & Mrs Smith said...

Beth your so cute. Everyone just loves you cause your the greatest:) love ya