Every year this time gets easier thanks to my wonderful husband and the incredible family I've married into. This year I'm able to really think about her and appreciate all she's done for me. Although the slide show is only of Mom I also think of Grandma (my mother-in-law) as the best Mom I could have asked for. So, Happy Mother's Day to both of my incredible, strong mothers.
I get most concerned that everyone will forget Mom and that would break my heart so I want to dedicate this post to the best Mom I could have asked for. She wasn't perfect but she was my perfect. She had to be a Mom and a Dad to all of her kids. She was like a little child and we had so much fun. I would call her every day on my way home from work and we'd usually talk until I came up to the drive way of my house. We used to do yoga with Gina every Saturday and we'd have girl's days and just chill out. She used to work out and dance every day (she actually taught several different aerobics classes before he back problems). She loved music and we saw several concerts together. She won many dance awards as a young girl. She loved her grandchildren so much. My mom went though so much as a young girl and as a result was tough as nails. I miss her but I'm so grateful for the time I had with her and that God allowed me to be raised by such an incredible woman.
Below is a poem for her that I did not write of coarse, but made me think of her:
Mom, we miss you so very much
On every Mother’s Day;
And not just then, but every minute,
Since you went away.
You were the center of our lives
Before your soul passed on;
It’s just so hard for us to believe
That you are really gone.
But we celebrate the life you lived
And all the things you gave us;
Our wonderful memories, Mom, of you
Are the things that will comfort and save us.
Please think of us, as we think of you
With hearts so full of love;
We’re looking up at you, sweet Mom,
As you look at us from above.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Beth,
I too was reading about mom's and I found this poem and I decided it was written for you.
My Mother Kept a Garden
Mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart.
She planted all the good things that gave my life it's start.
She turned me to the sunshine and encouraged me to dream.
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem.
And when the winds and rain came, she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I'd need to stand up strong and tough
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong.
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother's garden.
I am her legacy.
And I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me.
Author Unknown
We love you Beth and we are very glad that you are a part of our family.Have a very special Mother's Day.
Vicki and Tom
aww thats so sweet!!! i love you beth!
Post a Comment